Have you ever tried getting a massage from a massage therapist? Were you able to feel the relief from stresses and body pains? Did you enjoy the session as your masseuse massaged and manipulated your target points? Do you want to have another of that session but do not have the time or energy to get it? Well you can now, if you get a massaging chair like a zero gravity massage chair.
However, even with this option, people are not convinced to try out a massage chair or buy one because they still believe that it cannot give the same relief and comfort that a professional masseuse can give. This relaxation product has been around since 1962 and still people do not trust it to be effective and efficient.
The truth about the massage chair is that it has been designed to mimic the strokes and techniques that a massage therapist performs on you. It has gears and motors that drive rollers along your back to provide you relief from pain and provide relaxation.
This is achieved by having different features like:
1. Air Arm Massage. If you have tired and strained arms from working on papers and on your computer all day long, then this can surely offer you relief because of its air arm massage. The Air cells are placed in the armrest of the chair and squeeze your tied stiff arms. This can also be for people who have been doing household chores and talking on cellphones and telephones for prolonged periods.
2. The Sensor Scan of the massaging chair that detects your shiatsu points. Each of us have a unique body, and a high quality massage chair will adjust the massage to your body making you feel comfortable and promote proper posture.
3. Vibrations in the seat. Vibration in the seat complements the different massage techniques of a chair. There are different levels of intensity that may be adjusted according to how strong you want it. Vibration helps promote blood flow to the different parts of the body.
4. There are also different techniques like rolling, kneading, and tapping. These are typically the techniques that a professional masseuse will perform on you. Kneading is usually the most common and it is done just like how you would knead dough.
5. Leg, foot, and calf massage. Massage on these parts will help promote blood flow and relax your muscles around your ankles, calves and heels. For more advanced massage chairs, there are air bags or rollers in the foot section that squeeze your feet to enhance your massage experience.
Given these features; you will realize that good massage therapy may be given not only by a professional masseuse but also by a massage chair. In fact, it can even be better as you will only pay once when you purchase and then have the convenience of a good massage in the comfort of your own home whenever you desire.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jean_V_Maddocks